Skip to content


Personal Income Taxes

Frequently Asked Questions

You can request a change to your tax return by amending specific line(s) of your return, however you must only wait until you receive a notice of assessment before asking for any changes.

After receiving your notice of assessment, you will need to complete a T1-ADJ, T1 Adjustment Request along with all supporting documents for the change. Contact us to book an appointment to adjust your tax returns.

If you owe the CRA you will begin to incur interest starting the day after income tax is due (April 30th).

If you have to pay tax for the year or you want to claim a refund you must file your income tax for the year. If you are not sure if you should file check on the CRA website here.

It is recommended to keep your income tax records for 6 years.

Depending on the method of filing and if you have direct deposit set up with the CRA it could take between 2-8 weeks.

The CRA will charge a 5% late-filing penalty if you file your taxes after the deadline and you owe taxes. On top of that, they will charge 1% for every month its late up to a maximum was 12 months.

When you filed your taxes you may have missed something. When you received your notice of assessment it will explain the changes or why you refund or balance owing is different from what you were estimated.

You can change your address with the CRA online, by telephone: 1-800-959-8281, or by mail. To change your address by mail complete Form RC325 and mail the completed form to the CRA.

Yes, you must inform the CRA of any marital status changes. You must inform the CRA by the end of the month following the end of the month your status changed.

Contact us

Office Hours